Skip to main content

Welcome

Hi! I'm Brittany and this website is new as of 10/7/24. I encourage you to find me on Instagram (@greenmountaininutitivehealing) and check out my stuff there. I promise, there will be more here soon! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libraries Rock

 Today I had some admin work I needed to get done after my client sessions. I’m in my first week of working from home full time and I LOVE it. However, I know myself well enough to know that it’s going to be hard for me in some ways. When I am home and there are dishes waiting to be done, or laundry that needs to be folded, or a rambunctious puppy that needs to be walked I have a hard time focusing.  I am neurodivergent and a messy or disorganized space plays a big role in my ability to focus (and relax). I also am REALLY good at prioritizing literally anything other than what I should be doing. That sometimes means I will clean instead of getting my paperwork done. If I fall into that trap then I get behind and feel overwhelmed and I tend to avoid it even more. Then the cycle repeats.  While I have set boundaries (see my previous post) about how I am doing things different this time around, this one needed to be with myself. Paperwork is a non-negotiable in my role. I ha...

It Takes a Village

 They say it takes a village to raise a child, but I would argue that it takes a village to be a human these days. What we don't talk about is the grief that comes when the village is not who you thought (or society tells us) it should be. As the holidays are fast approaching my Husband and I have been reflecting on the various levels of estrangement we have with both of our families. Some is intentional full on no contact, some connections just got caught up in life, and some have major boundaries to protect our peace.  I have been no contact with one of my parents for close to twenty years. It was the healthiest choice my young teen self had ever made (and probably the first time I truly honored ME) and it's not a choice that makes me sad anymore. There are other members of our families that losing/going lower contact with that has been much harder because the circumstances are less clear. I know it brings me more peace, but I miss them.  In all of our reflection though...